Tuesday 16 March 2010

Oh, I've just heard this song on radio, the word "ego" got my attention, and then I was surprised by the rest:  "Walk a mile in my shoes / And before you abuse, criticize and accuse / Walk a mile in my shoes".
I know how hard it is not to criticize everything around you, especially when we are all surrounded by this world full of problems, maybe next time when you will be tempted to criticize, you will sing this song! Before you start listening the song I want to share these quotes with you:

"O Son of Being! How couldst thou forget thine own faults and busy thyself with the faults of others? Whoso doeth this is accursed of Me."
"O Son of Man! Breathe not the sins of others so long as thou art thyself a sinner. Shouldst thou transgress this command, accursed wouldst thou be, and to this I bear witness."
Baha'u'llah: Hidden Words


I got the lyrics for you, so enjoy!
"If I could be you / And you could be me / For just one hour / If you could find a way / To get inside / Each other's mind / If you could see you / Trough my eyes / Instead of your ego / I believe you'd be /
Surprised to see / That you've been blind / Now the whole world / You see around you / Is just a reflection / And of karma / Says you be / Just what you saw / So unless you / Lived your life / Of total perfection / You gotta be careful / Of every stone / That you should throw / Have you ever spend the day / Throwing stones / At one another / Cause I don't think / Or wear my heat / The same way you do / Well I maybe / Come in people / But I'm still your brother / And when you strike out / Trying to hurt me / [Its a burning fuse] / Walk a mile in my shoes / Walk a mile in my shoes / And before you abuse, criticize and accuse / Walk a mile in my shoes / There are people / On reservations / And out in the ghetto's / And brother there / Before the [grace] of God / Go you and I / If I only / Had the wings / Of a little angel / Don't you know i'd fly / To the top of the mountain / And then I'd cry / Walk a mile in my shoes / Walk a mile in my shoes / And before you abuse, criticize and accuse / Walk a mile in my shoes"

And a second song, same band, also interesting lyrics :)


Coldcut - Mr Nichols  "Lyrics here"

No comments: